Translate in your own language!

Monday 10 March 2014

Heavenly Carrot Cake Oatmeal

I wanted to try out a carrot cake kind of breakfast for a while. But I just didn't look forward to stand in the kitchen for over an hour to just get breakfast on the table. Well, this dish is easy. I had a brunch at my boyfriends parents please, like I mentioned yesterday and I wanted to bring something with me. I thought this would be the perfect occasion, just hoped it didn't fail big time. But oh my the entire family loved the dish. YES! New favourite in town and hallelujah for the big batch ;-) Oh and the great part of the dish? It's amazingly low calorie, filled with healthy good stuff for your body and completely without added sugars and lactose free. And delicious, amazingly delicious but I mentioned that already, didn't I? haha


Because I was in a bit of a hurry I didn't really measured all the ingredients. I used a really average juice glass for measuring, and my hands! ;-)

Ingredients
Serves 6

1 juice glass filled with rolled oats (so flakes) huh
1 juice glass (quick) oats
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cookie spices
a drop of vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1 huge carrot, grated
a handful of raisins, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
4 tbsp linseed's
2 medium sized eggs
300 ml water
200 ml soy milk (I always use Aplro soya light)
about 3 drops of stevia

For the top layer
2 tbsp apple sauce
4 tbsp goji berries
1,5 hands almonds and pecans mixed, roughly chopped
about 50g of mixed seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seeds)

Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius. Get a baking dish and fill it up with baking paper or grease the base of the dish with coconut or olive oil and set the dish aside. Combine all the dry ingredients ( so everything except the eggs, water and soy milk and combine in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the milk and water until well combined. Now it's time to mix everything up so you get a really watery mixture, yes it's supposed to be like this. Get the baking dish into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, in the meanwhile you can prepare your top layer. Mix all the ingredients for the top layer in a bowl until well combined, get the baking dish out of the oven and gently divide the layer on top with the bottom of the spoon you can flatten out the layer so everything is coated with this sweet and crunchy layer. Get the dish back in to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. When it's done, the oatmeal should be set and the top should be browned and crunchy. Leave to cool a bit before digging in, I know it's hard ;-) Enjoy as it is or serve with a swirl of soy yogurt.

Seriously try it out!!! TIP: You can save the leftovers in the fridge and reheat this amazing dish in the oven the next day until warm and damp again, and repeat this the day after and the day after the day after.. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Weet je toevallig ook het aantal gram van de haver? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He melanie
      Sorry zie nu pas je berichtje, ik heb hetzelfde glas nog eens gevuld en het is zon 100 gram!!

      Delete